Creating a tracker
This section explains the steps for creating a tracker and getting the tracking URL. It is used in advertising campaigns to track installations and app openings.
- Step 1. Fill in the campaign details
- Step 2. Configure a SmartLink
- Step 3. (Optional) Configure attribution
- Step 4. (Optional) Configure postbacks
- Step 5. Save changes and test the tracker
- Step 6. Use the created tracking link
Step 1. Fill in the campaign details
In the AppMetrica interface, go to Trackers.
- In the top-left corner, click Create a tracker.
- In the Campaign details block fill in all fields:
- Tracker name — A name for the tracker. After being created, the tracker is available in the list with the specified name.
- Application — The application the tracker is being created for.
- Partner — The media source to attribute clicks, installs, and conversions to.
If the media source isn't in the list, you can add it. After being added, the new source will be saved in the list.Note. Once the tracker has been created, you can't change the media source in the settings.
Step 2. Configure a SmartLink
- Platform — The target platform: Android, iOS, Windows, or Fallback.
Use Fallback to create a destination URL for all other types of traffic. For example, you could send the user to a promo page if they clicked on the link from a desktop PC (or another non-mobile device).Note. You can select only one Fallback platform. Then all users are sent to the specified destination link.
- Destination URL — A link that leads to the app store or a page where the user can install the app.
- Deeplink — A link in the myapp://some_data format which can be used to send data to the application. When the user clicks on it, the app opens, if it is already installed.
- Post-click landing — The page that is opened in the user's browser after clicking the link to install the app. By default, this is an empty page for the tracker's last redirect.
Step 3. (Optional) Configure attribution
Attribution correctly detects the source that attracted users to your app and accurately correlates an app install with a click on an ad.
For more information about attribution methods, see AppMetrica tracking technology.
- Fingerprint — Time interval of attribution (the time between the click and first start). AppMetrica uses it for the Device Fingerprint Matching attribution. The default value is 24 hours.
Acceptable values are from 1 to 24 hours.
- Device ID / Google Referrer — Time interval of attribution, that is used for the Device Identifier Matching attribution. The default value is 10 days.
Acceptable values are from 1 to 10 days.