Creating a remarketing tracker
This section explains the steps for creating a tracker for a remarketing campaign.
- Step 1. Prepare your app
- Step 2. Fill in the campaign details
- Step 3. Configure the destination link
- Step 4. (Optional) Configure attribution
- Step 5. (Optional) Configure postbacks
- Step 5. Save changes and test the tracker
- Step 8. Use the created tracking link and re-engagement deeplink
Step 1. Prepare your app
Before starting a remarketing campaign, prepare your app:
- Add deeplink support to your application.
Step 2. Fill in the campaign details
In the AppMetrica interface, go to Trackers.
- In the top-left corner, click Create a tracker.
- In block The description of the campaign enable this option This is a remarketing tracker and fill in the fields:
- Tracker name — A name for the tracker. The tracker will be shown in the Trackers list with the specified name.
- Application — The application the tracker is being created for.
- Partner — The media source to attribute clicks, installs, and conversions to. If the media source isn't in the list, you can add it. After being added, the new source will be saved in the list.Note. Once the tracker has been created, you can't change the media source in the settings.
Step 3. Configure the destination link
Fill in the fields in the Destination link settings section:
- Platform — The target platform: Android and iOS.
- Destination URL — A link that leads to the app store or a page where the user can install the app.
Step 4. (Optional) Configure attribution
Attribution correctly detects the source that attracted users to your app and accurately correlates an app install with a click on an ad.
For more information about attribution methods, see AppMetrica tracking technology.
- Fingerprint — Time interval of attribution (the time between the click and first start). AppMetrica uses it for the Device Fingerprint Matching attribution. The default value is 24 hours.
Acceptable values are from 1 to 24 hours.
- Device ID / Google Referrer — Time interval of attribution, that is used for the Device Identifier Matching attribution. The default value is 10 days.
Acceptable values are from 1 to 10 days.
- Reattribution — Attribution of reinstalls by pre-existing users. The option is enabled by default for remarketing campaigns. For more information, see Attributing app installs.Note. For test devices, reattribution is always enabled (regardless of the option status). For more information about adding test devices, see Testing attribution.
Step 5. (Optional) Configure postbacks
You can add up to 5 postbacks per tracker.
- Postback destination — The partner who will receive the postback.
If you want to collect your own statistics, you can send the postback to your own server. To do this, you need to add a media source.
- Event — The target event that triggers sending the postback to the media source.
The event may have one of several types:
- Install postback — Send the postback after an attributed install.
- Event postback — Send the postback after an attributed conversion.
Postback URL — A postback link. AppMetrica allows transmitting custom tracking parameters to the postback URL. By default, the postback URL contains parameters from the media source settings. To change the parameters, click Edit (changes will be saved in the media source settings).
You can set the corresponding option to send the postback only for the first target event. All subsequent events will be ignored.Note. Some advertising partners can set a permanent Postback URL for their network. In this case, the postback is sent to the partner regardless of other settings. It can't be edited.
- Re-engagement window — The maximum amount of time that can pass between the install and the target event. A postback won't be sent to the media source if the target event takes more than the specified time.
- Send postbacks to install partner — Flag indicating that AppMetrica should send postbacks to the partner who attracted the user in another ad campaign. Use this option to send CPA postbacks that were set up in other advertising campaigns to installation partners. This option is disabled by default (AppMetrica doesn't send postbacks after attributing a user to the remarketing partner).
Step 5. Save changes and test the tracker
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
The list of all saved trackers are in the Trackers section. You can edit and archive them. The statistics from archived trackers remain available in reports.
- Test the tracker before launching an advertising campaign. For more information, see Testing a tracker.
Step 8. Use the created tracking link and re-engagement deeplink
target= " _blank"attribute when inserting a link into the markup. Some browsers may block the click-through when opening a link in a new window.
Don't place the link in the
Use the tracking link and re-engagement deeplink in an ad campaign after successful testing. To do this, copy from the Tracking URL block the link that looks like
For more information, see Parameters of the tracking URL.
Launching a remarketing campaign for a mobile e-commerce app. The goal is for the user to view a specific screen (for example, a product page).
Depending on the advertising network, there are two ways to create a remarketing campaign:
- The advertising network accepts an HTTP tracking link.
- The advertising network accepts a deeplink.