Creating a segment
To create a new segment:
- Go to one of the reports in the AppMetrica interface.
- Click to the right of the Segment by user with text block and select a user-level filter.
- Set filtering criteria: select the desired values for filtering and set the include/exclude option for the data sample.
- Click Apply. To save a segment, click .
Use the same button to add report-level filters for the corresponding reports. For example, in the Audience report, the button for adding a filter is located to the right of the by sessions with text.
Example of segmentation
Obtain session statistics with the following criteria:
- User installed the app while located in Russia.
- User starts the app on a tablet connected via Wi-Fi.
- User completed the New event event while located in a different country.
Follow these steps in the AppMetrica interface:
- Go to the Audience report.
Set user-level filters:
Select the report filters:
- To save a segment, click.
This will give you statistics about users who meet your criteria.