The report displays information about crashes.
You can use this report to determine which crash happens most often. This information helps prioritize fixes.
You can select specific users for the report using segmentation.
The report is formed for a specific time period. The default period is one week.
To set the report period, use the drop-down element . The selected time interval can be grouped by hours, days, weeks, or months.
The data in the report can be grouped by:
- App version
- OS version
The following metrics are available for analysis:
- Crashes — The number of crashes.
- Devices — The number of devices that registered a crash at least once during the selected reporting period.
- % of all devices — The percentage of devices that registered the crash out of the total number of devices running the app during the selected time period.
- Detected in version — The app version where the crash was registered for the first time.
- Last reproduction — The app version where the crash was last registered.
From the Lists of crashes page, you can go to the page with information about a crash group. To do this, click the name of the crash group.
If no mapping or dSYM file was uploaded when building the app, the list of crash groups displays a warning about unsymbolicated crashes.
To symbolicate them, upload the missing dSYM files. You can view the list of missing files on the page of your app in AppMetrica.
Viewing the crash log
- On the Lists of crashes page, click the name of a crash group.
- In the table, click View crash log.
The crash log shows the error log and additional information about the device and crash.
To view the events that preceded the crash, go from the crash log to the profile card. To do this, click View session events.
Adding a comment
If necessary, you can leave comments on the crash log. This can be useful if the report is viewed by multiple developers. For example, you can include a link to an issue in Yandex.Tracker in a comment.
To add a comment, open the appropriate crash group and enter your text in the Comment field.
Closing a crash
You can close fixed crashes to filter them from the report. If a closed crash is detected in versions where it wasn't previously detected, the crash is re-opened.
To close a crash, open the appropriate crash group. In the upper-right corner of the Crash group status block, set Closed mode.
You can export the crash log description to a TXT file. To do this, open the appropriate crash group and click.